Sunday, March 31, 2013

Every (ad)venture starts with a first step

I set up this blog to document the progress of my recently purchased 1985 Bertram 46'6" Convertible otherwise known as the SF (Sport Fisherman).

This is Bertram's second version of this particular yacht. It's a popular vessel and quite a few were manufactured however I have not found a web source dedicated to this model. Hopefully this blog will become a valuable resource for others interested in this particular Bertram model.

A very closely related vessel is the Bertram 46'6" Motor Yacht version (otherwise known as the MY). Basically, if I understand things correctly, it's essentially the same hull and mechanics but instead of having the open cockpit in the stern (for fishing purposes) it has an additional cabin (or state room) in the stern.

Since I'm new to the boat and since there might be other owners of these boats out there who're willing to share their experience I hope additional input will be forthcoming. Anybody so inclined is more then welcome to contact me through the blog.

Comments will be open but moderated. All reasonable posts will be allowed to remain. Rants, political, religious, spam, trolling and abusive comments will be removed. Please make sure to observe copyright rules.



No comments:

Post a Comment